As the days get shorter and the air gets cooler, it feels like the world slows down a little, doesn’t it? It’s time to get cozy.
Hygge is a Danish concept that cannot be directly translated into English. But really, it means contentment, coziness, well-being and simplicity. Our environment impacts our feelings so much, and we’re all spending so much more time at home recently, it helps our well-being when we surround ourselves in comfort while we strive to find that feeling of contentment. In this kitchen, we love the simple white cabinets (Huntsville Smooth White), weathered brick backsplash, the wood countertops, and the soup simmering on the stove. It says Hygge to us for sure!
Give this recipe a try while you shop for (or dream about) your new kitchen to complete your home’s Hygge transformation. (Adapted from pinchofyum.com)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- half of an onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8–10 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup Orzo
- 3-ish cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 3 eggs
- juice of 3–4 lemons
- ½ cup packed fresh spinach
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- ground pepper (to taste)
- fresh dill (to taste)
1. Heat large soup pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil. Add the carrots, onion, and garlic. Saute until softened, about 10 minutes.
2. Add the broth and bring to a simmer. Add the orzo and cook for a few minutes until softened. Stir in the chicken and remove from heat.
3. Whisk the eggs and lemon juice together in a small bowl. Slowly add a scoop of the soup into the egg mixture. Then add your warmed egg mixture slowly back to the soup pot stirring constantly, until smooth and creamy.
4. Finish by stirring in your spinach, salt, pepper, and dill and adjust seasonings to taste!
Kitchen designers will use their skills to determine a client’s project goals, prepare final plans and create a timeline for the project. Designers know, and we want to share their insights and how it helps us shape our offering to you.
Cue the new, Hunstville Smooth White Shaker Door! A heavily requested style, will now be a staple to the Cabinetsmith Select Series line-up. Shaker styling and White finish cabinetry have always been a popular choice for years, with Shaker doors simple frame and panel structure and White such a versatile colour.
Huntsville Smooth White Shaker upgrades itself from the typical “orange-peel” texture to a smooth, clean, paint-like finish that offers more style, greater design-ability and most importantly, a more affordable option for home owners when looking for a painted finish look without the setbacks of actual paint. That means no warping/cracking, flakes, or inconsistent finishes.
Smooth white is also available in slab style – “Metro Smooth”. Just like our smooth doors, you can enjoy the smoothness of Grover Washington Jr.’s “Mister Magic. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbsbqkgzxWM